St. Vrain Valley Schools will not be offering transportation services while school buildings are closed. To best prepare for the time when we can return to a hybrid learning model, we are still asking families to register for transportation services for the 2020-2021 school year. Please see additional information below.
In preparation for a return to hybrid in-person learning, we’re asking that every family register each eligible bus rider for the 2020-2021 school year so that we can get accurate numbers on transportation usage and needs. Please note that due to the strict orders from our county and state health agency partners, we will not be able to accommodate transportation for all eligible riders. To this end, we strongly encourage families to transport their own students to school or make alternative arrangements.
- Please register your student for transportation services by August 1 to request transportation services. Priority will be given to special education students. Additional students who have registered for transportation services will be accommodated as space allows based on the current state and county health agency restrictions.
- During the registration process, families will need to review the passenger safety information and acknowledge voluntary compliance with the rules of the bus.
- Students will be evaluated for eligibility based upon ride zone, school of attendance, and space availability.
- Parents will receive confirmation that a seat on the bus has been reserved as we get closer to the start of the school year.
- Space-available riders will not be granted access until all eligible riders are accounted for.
- Please do not send your student to a bus stop if you have not received confirmation to reduce confusion and unnecessary contact at the bus.
- Families will need to ensure each student has a face covering and their ZPass bus pass readily available.
Bus Safety Procedures
- Employees working on buses will be wearing face coverings when students are loading and unloading.
- Between the routes, staff will disinfect common areas including bus seats, windows, and aisles to ensure the safest environment possible.
- Students will have assigned seating, and family members from the same household will sit together when riding the bus.
- Students will board the bus from back to front to lessen congestion and unnecessary face-to-face contact between students.
- Face coverings need to be worn at all times while on the school bus.
- Students will practice social distancing while waiting to exit from the bus, keeping the aisles clear. It is recommended that students remain seated until the passenger ahead is at least 6 feet down the aisle.
- Students should arrive at the bus collection point five minutes before the scheduled departure time, and practice social distancing while waiting for the bus to arrive.
- When the bus arrives, students shall continue to maintain a safe social distance, allowing for calm, orderly boarding of the bus.
- Before boarding, each student will be required to have their face covering in place and have their bus pass out, ready to scan as they enter the bus.
- There may be instances when they are asked to have their temperature taken before boarding the bus if students are exhibiting symptoms.